Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Choc Chip Cookies

I had quite alot of choc chip leftover from the animal cupcakes decorations, hence I thought the best way to use them up is to bake choc chip cookies. I wanted to try Famous Amos kind but the recipe I found looks like alot of ingredients. I am not ready to go buy more ingredients just to make one item. I remembered I was ever given a recipe, memory was that it was not too bad. Hence I went to dig out my Recipe File.

Choc Chip Cookies Recipe (yields about 40 small cookies)

Ingredients:
125g Butter
70g Castor Sugar
70g Brown Sugar
1/2 tsp Vanilla Essence
1 Egg
260g Self-Raising Flour
130g Choc Chips (more if you like)

Method:
1. Preheat oven to 180 degree celsius
2. Sift the flour, set aside
3. Beat butter, essence, sugars using mixer until smooth
4. Add egg and beat until well combined
5. Stir in sifted flour and the remaining ingredients
6. Take rounded teaspoons of mixture and roll into balls
7. Place balls about 4 cm apart on slightly greased oven trays or line with baking sheet
8. Bake in preheated oven for 15 min or until brown (*my oven definitely takes less than 15 min, perhaps about 12 min)
9. Cool in trays for short while and transfer to wire rack for cooling

mixed dough

all spread nicely on the tray waiting to be baked

baked products

No comments:

Post a Comment