Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Sheep German Cookies

There was so much craze on the Sheep German Cookies on Facebook. They are so cute and make me so tempted to try, what's more this year is the year of the Goat. So apt right?

Before we start on the shaping, let's start on the recipe which I took from one of the mommies from Facebook (cannot remember who anymore, but pretty much the same recipe for most except this one calls for milk powder).

German Cookies Recipe

Ingredients:
1) 125g Butter (I used SCS butter)
2) 40g Icing Sugar (I used 35g)
3) 125g Potato Flour/ Starch
4) 80g Super Fine Flour (I used Top Flour, but as per my previous articles on Flour, it can be Cake Flour as well)
5) 1 tablespoon Milk Powder

Method:
1) Preheat the oven, 150 degree celsius
2) Soften the butter, add on icing sugar and beat until fluffy and light in colour by mixer.
3) Sieve and combine the flours and milk power.
4) Sieve all the flour mix and make become a dough.
5) Cover the dough and put into the fridge for 30 minutes (I was busy with other recipes as well as attending to the boy, hence the dough was left in the fridge for at least 7 hours which by then was very hard. In this case, I took it out 15 min earlier to soften before shaping)
6) Shape it to round/ sheep shape. Use a fork to press on the top (for round shape), wet the fork with each press to avoid sticking.
7) Bake for 25 minutes in the preheated oven or until light golden colour (I only used about 12 min)

For Sheep Shapes:
1) Shape it to a ball for the body
2) Shape 2-4 small balls for the wool, placed onto on the round body, then press down with toothpick
3) For the horn, use choc chips on each side
4) For the eyes, uses sesame seed (I find this very challenging, the use of a tweezer will make the job much easier. Another suggestion was chocolate rice but )


my cute meh-meh

I saw another mother shaped into other animals. Creative yah! But I am keen to try chicken and dog. Shall post if I do get a chance to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment